RE: color termcap entries for Solaris

  • TRUCKS, JESSE (AIT)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      The problem, in detail, is this:

      If I telnet/ssh into the Solaris 8 machine (happens on 2.6, as well), using
      one of several color enabled terminals (from windows, or Solaris - like
      gnome-terminal), I do not get color. If I use that exact same setup (from
      gnome-terminal at the Solaris X console, or PuTTY on windows) and go to my
      OpenBSD machine, I get color. What bugs me is that even when I go from my
      Solaris machine, where I get no color in the terminal, to the OpenBSD
      machine (even through a telnet proxy) I get color. The problem is that I am
      not always on the console using X, where I can just use gvim, which works
      great. A LOT of the time, I am remotely logging into the Solaris machine
      with a telnet/ssh terminal only (some machines have X blocked at the
      firewall). I can't get it to display color.

      I don't enough about termcap/terminfo to know what I am really looking for
      to fix it. I just know that Solaris is missing something from one of the two
      of them, and I don't know how to fix it.

      Any help?

      Thank you!