vim on various OS's (was: opening files in win NT)

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      Carson Wilcox wrote:

      > Any chance this group could be split into M$ and a *nix groups?

      It seems to me that most questions on this list are OS-independent.
      Often, people are not sure where a problem comes from, so they mention the OS
      just to be safe. If we split the list (or added new, OS-specific ones) then a
      lot of people would have to guess, or cross post. IMHO, this would cause more
      problems than it would solve.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Zdenek Sekera
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > Carson Wilcox wrote:
        > >
        > > Any chance this group could be split into M$ and a *nix groups?
        >
        > It seems to me that most questions on this list are OS-independent.
        > Often, people are not sure where a problem comes from, so they mention the OS
        > just to be safe. If we split the list (or added new, OS-specific ones) then a
        > lot of people would have to guess, or cross post. IMHO, this would cause more
        > problems than it would solve.

        Agreed.

        ---Zdenek
      • Alex Angelopoulos
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
          Besides -

          A number of us use vim on *both* *nix and MS-operating systems.
          : > > Any chance this group could be split into M$ and a *nix groups?
          : >
          : > It seems to me that most questions on this list are OS-independent.
          : > Often, people are not sure where a problem comes from, so they mention the OS
          : > just to be safe. If we split the list (or added new, OS-specific ones) then a
          : > lot of people would have to guess, or cross post. IMHO, this would cause more
          : > problems than it would solve.
          :
          : Agreed.
          :