Re: Re: opening files in win NT

  • Carson Wilcox
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      Any chance this group could be split into M$ and a *nix groups?

      --- John Kilbourne <jkilbour@...> wrote:
      >I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
      >have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
      >executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part, and how do I
      >get that file back?
      >
      >Thanks.
      >John

      Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net
    • dman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:49:16AM -0500, John Kilbourne wrote:
        | I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
        | have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
        | executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part,

        If you leave out that %1, then gvim gets no arguments and doesn't have
        any clue that you double-clicked on a file or that you want to open
        it. The %1 is a placeholder for the first argument (the file name).
        Just putting <space>%1 is a problem though if you put spaces in a file
        name because space separates arguments. Thus you need to quote the
        argument to keep the spaces where they belong.

        -D

        not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein