Re: Re: opening files in win NT

  • John Kilbourne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
      have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
      executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part, and how do I
      get that file back?

      Thanks.
      John

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        Any chance this group could be split into M$ and a *nix groups?

        --- John Kilbourne <jkilbour@...> wrote:
        >I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
        >have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
        >executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part, and how do I
        >get that file back?
        >
        >Thanks.
        >John

        Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net
      • dman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:49:16AM -0500, John Kilbourne wrote:
          | I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
          | have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
          | executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part,

          If you leave out that %1, then gvim gets no arguments and doesn't have
          any clue that you double-clicked on a file or that you want to open
          it. The %1 is a placeholder for the first argument (the file name).
          Just putting <space>%1 is a problem though if you put spaces in a file
          name because space separates arguments. Thus you need to quote the
          argument to keep the spaces where they belong.

          -D

          not sure about the former.
          Albert Einstein