Problem with gvimdiff in windows millenium

  • amit.taneja@st.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi
      I have a problem working with gvimDiff in Windows.
      If I try to do :diffupdate I get an error "Cannot do diff"
      (those are n ot the exact words.
      I have done the settings in the _vimrc file which
      have been specified in the help (i.e. scrollbind, foldmethod,
      diff nowrap, foldcolumn and diff etc..)
      I might be missing something basic..
      Could somebody please help.

      Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year...
      Regards,
      amit
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        amit.taneja@... wrote:

        > Hi
        > I have a problem working with gvimDiff in Windows.
        > If I try to do :diffupdate I get an error "Cannot do diff"
        > (those are n ot the exact words.
        > I have done the settings in the _vimrc file which
        > have been specified in the help (i.e. scrollbind, foldmethod,
        > diff nowrap, foldcolumn and diff etc..)
        > I might be missing something basic..
        > Could somebody please help.
        >
        > Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year...
        > Regards,
        > amit

        Does your version of Windows have a diff program? If not, this tip may
        help:

        http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=128

        HTH --Benji Fisher