Problem with Cursor shape in VIM (djgpp MS-DOS Version)

  • Volker Kiefel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2001
      Hello all,

      I sometimes use the djgpp port of VIM 6.0 on an old MS-DOS
      machine and encountered a problem with the cursor shape in
      relation to the VIM-mode.  This problem only occurs only with the
      djgpp-version (even after applying patch #073), but not with the
      Win32 console or GVIM versions. It is new in Version 6.0.

      Changing from normal mode to command line in "djgpp-VIM" mode
      with ":" or "/" the cursor preserves it "block shape" (as
      expected), if I try to insert something by moving left with the
      [Left] arrow key, the cursor changes to the "underline" shape (as
      expected). After pressing [Enter] to execute the command line,
      the cursor remains in "underline" shape (not expected in
      normal-mode), only after applying [i] [ESC] she corsor shows in
      block shape as expected for normal mode.

      This is a little irritating, as the user of VIM associates the
      underline-shape cursor with insert mode.

      Is anyone aware of a patch, I hven't seen one!
      Best wishes for the New Year to all.

      V. Kiefel