Re: Indents in Java Source files...

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2001
      Will Rutherdale wrote:

      [please send messages as plain text, not base64]

      > Vim 6.0 Bug Alert!!!!!
      >
      > I tried adding this to my vimrc file:
      >
      > :filetype on
      > :filetype plugin indent off
      >
      > as recommended in the help pages.
      >
      > Vim didn't complain about these entries as such. However, these
      > changes did sniff out a bug in the startup .vim files. The editor
      > complained bitterly as follows:
      >
      > Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim60z/ftplugof.vim:
      > line 11:
      > No such event: filetypeplugin *
      > Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim60z/indoff.vim:
      > line 11:
      > No such event: filetypeindent *
      >
      > Furthermore, it didn't achieve the intended effect. When I tried
      > editing a C++ file, I was still thrown into cindent mode for the local
      > buffer.

      It will probably work a lot better if you delete Vim 6.0z and install
      Vim 6.0. 6.0z was only an alpha version.

      247. You use www.switchboard.com instead of dialing 411 and 555-12-12
      for directory assistance.

    • Justin James
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2001
        >I've spent several hours messing around with it
        >and haven't got it straightened out yet.

        using :set shiftwidth=4 fixed my issue w/java
        source files.

        >I tried this line in my .vimrc to no avail:
        >:set nocindent

        Have you tried :set nosmartindent?

        - Justin