Re: what is ctrl-y in mswin mode? redo?

  • lwwickla@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
      From looking at mswin.vim in the vim60 directory, I don't believe that
      anything is mapped to provide the equivalent function of the non-mswin
      CTRL-Y.

      "Peoter Veliki" <peoter_vim@...> on 12/04/2001 04:37:04 AM

      To: <lwwickla@...>
      cc: <vim@...>

      Subject: Re: what is ctrl-y in mswin mode? redo?

      Actually, I meant the question in reverse:

      What is the mswin equivalent of the non-mswin CTRL-Y (scroll up one line in
      the buffer). In other words, how do you scroll up one line in mswin?

      Thanks

      > In MS-Win mode CTRL-Y is the equivalent of CTRL-R in non-MS-Win mode.
      >

      > "Peoter Veliki" <peoter_vim@...> on 12/04/2001 04:13:32 AM
      >
      > To: "Vim-Users" <vim@...>
      > cc:
      >
      > Subject: what is ctrl-y in mswin mode? redo?
      >

      > This is from the docs:
      >

      > "CTRL-Y Scroll window [count] lines upwards in the buffer.
      > Note: When using the MS-Windows key bindings CTRL-Y is
      > remapped to redo."
      >

      > What does this mean, "remapped to redo"?

    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
        Peoter Veliki wrote:

        > Actually, I meant the question in reverse:
        >
        > What is the mswin equivalent of the non-mswin CTRL-Y (scroll up one line in
        > the buffer). In other words, how do you scroll up one line in mswin?
        >
        > Thanks

        1. Use the mouse.
        2. There may not be anything pre-defined to scroll one, but you can try

        :nnoremap <C-Up> <C-Y>

        or choose another key instead of <C-Up>.

        :help :nnoremap

        HTH --Benji Fisher