Re: iso-latin1

  • Alan G. Isaac
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
      On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas wrote:
      > I edit a lot of text in portuguese that need some accents. The keyboard
      > layout I need is the iso-latin1. I couldn't manage to use it with vim, how
      > exactly I do that?

      Latin 1 is a characterset, not a keyboard layout.
      http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/charset/
      That said, I think you want
      :h digraphs

      hth,
      Alan Isaac
    • Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001

        I managed to get my accents right :-)
        But I still have one problem, I need to put a ~ (tilde) character on top of
        the character a. This accent is not defined at the table from the vim's help:
        :h digraph

        Andre Areas
      • Alan G. Isaac
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
          Get the ISO number and then see
          :h digraphs-define
          Good luck.
          Alan Isaac

          On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas wrote:
          > I managed to get my accents right :-)
          > But I still have one problem, I need to put a ~ (tilde) character on top of
          > the character a. This accent is not defined at the table from the vim's help:
          > :h digraph
        • Luis R. Nunez
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
            Try

            ~<BS>a OR <CNTR-k>a~

            where <BS> is the BackSpace key. Either one should work.

            Luis