iso-latin1

  • Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi,

      I edit a lot of text in portuguese that need some accents. The keyboard
      layout I need is the iso-latin1. I couldn't manage to use it with vim, how
      exactly I do that?

      Thanks,

      Andre Areas
    • Alan G. Isaac
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
        On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas wrote:
        > I edit a lot of text in portuguese that need some accents. The keyboard
        > layout I need is the iso-latin1. I couldn't manage to use it with vim, how
        > exactly I do that?

        Latin 1 is a characterset, not a keyboard layout.
        http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/charset/
        That said, I think you want
        :h digraphs

        hth,
        Alan Isaac
      • Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hi,

          I managed to get my accents right :-)
          But I still have one problem, I need to put a ~ (tilde) character on top of
          the character a. This accent is not defined at the table from the vim's help:
          :h digraph

          Andre Areas
        • Alan G. Isaac
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
            Get the ISO number and then see
            :h digraphs-define
            Good luck.
            Alan Isaac

            On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Andre Pinheiro Gomes Areas wrote:
            > I managed to get my accents right :-)
            > But I still have one problem, I need to put a ~ (tilde) character on top of
            > the character a. This accent is not defined at the table from the vim's help:
            > :h digraph
          • Luis R. Nunez
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
              Try

              ~<BS>a OR <CNTR-k>a~

              where <BS> is the BackSpace key. Either one should work.

              Luis