Bug in "pending visual" mode?

  • Pavel Lisy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
      In new version 6.0 appeared new mode marked in status line

      -- (insert) VISUAL --

      description of behavior:
      ---
      I have imap macro for saving file

      imap <C-S> <Esc>:w<CR>a

      I am in insert mode and select block with mouse, than I press c to
      change selected text and type new text (since everything is OK)

      But when I want in this moment save file and press <C-S> it type :wa in
      text. To reach command mode pressing of two <Esc> is needed (at this
      case).

      In doc is this:
      CTRL-C In Visual mode: Stop Visual mode. When
      insert mode is pending (the mode message shows
      "-- (insert) VISUAL --"), it is also stopped.

      BUT! it is not working in imap, so

      imap <C-S> <C-C>:w<CR>a

      wan't work in this case

      I think it is needed:

      1) some map mode for it, because CRTL-C don't break it (insert) VISUAL
      mode to normal mode (in imap command) and it is no way how to differ
      insert and (insert) VISUAL when editing is started

      2) correction to correct working of CTRL-C in imap mode

      Is there somebody working on corrections of this bug?

      Where I may post this bug description?

      Pavel
      --
      Pavel Lisy <pali@...>
      T-MAPY spol. s r.o., http://www.tmapy.cz

      O mapach vime vse: http://www.tmapserver.cz
    • Pavel Lisy
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
        On Po, 2001-12-03 at 13:08, Pavel Lisy wrote:
        > In new version 6.0 appeared new mode marked in status line

        Now I found in version 5.8.7 (from RH 7.2) that status line show
        -- (insert) VISUAL --
        but insert mode is not pending, so I works fine. So it is bug in 6.0.x
        version only.

        > -- (insert) VISUAL --
        >
        > description of behavior:
        > ---
        > I have imap macro for saving file
        Pavel
        --
        Pavel Lisy <pali@...>
        T-MAPY spol. s r.o., http://www.tmapy.cz
        Nezvalova 850, Hradec Kralove, 50003
        tel: +420-49-5513335 fax: +420-49-5513371

        O mapach vime vse: http://www.tmapserver.cz
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
          Pavel Lisy wrote:

          > In new version 6.0 appeared new mode marked in status line
          >
          > -- (insert) VISUAL --
          >
          > description of behavior:
          > ---
          > I have imap macro for saving file
          >
          > imap <C-S> <Esc>:w<CR>a
          >
          > I am in insert mode and select block with mouse, than I press c to
          > change selected text and type new text (since everything is OK)
          >
          > But when I want in this moment save file and press <C-S> it type :wa in
          > text. To reach command mode pressing of two <Esc> is needed (at this
          > case).
          [snip]

          Patch 6.0.056 may fix this.

          HTH --Benji Fisher