Re: search without moving cursor

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Gary Holloway wrote:

      > Is there a reason that the 'n' flag cannot be used with the search() builtin
      > function (only the searchpair function)?

      When the searchpair() function was added, someone (Johannes Zellner, I
      think) decided that it would be nice to give it an 'n' flag, and added this
      functionality. If you feel like modifying the search() function in a similar
      way, and send a patch to bram@..., it has a good chance of being included.

      --Benji Fisher