Re: Unhighlight doubt in gvim[win2000]

  • Kalle Bjorklid
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Mariappan, MaharajanX wrote:

      > How can one unhighlight the matched text, if he wants?

      :help nohl

      or, simply search for something that definitely doesn't exist:
      /asgd

      HTH
      --
      "Kalle" Karl-Mikael Bjorklid
      E-Mail: bjorklid@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
        > From: "Mariappan, MaharajanX" <m_mariappanX@...>
        > To: "'vim@...'" <vim@...>
        > Subject: Unhighlight doubt in gvim[win2000]
        > Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 02:15:37 -0800
        >
        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > After the macthed text was highlighted, the yellow color backgroud is
        > persists in gvim[win2000].
        >
        > How can one unhighlight the matched text, if he wants?
        >
        > I tried to toggle between insert node mode and command mode. But no valid
        > response in gvim
        > regarding this.
        >
        > Any idea?

        This is what I have in my .vimrc:

        " after performing a search, matches are highlighted. get rid of the
        " highlighting with <Enter>
        nnoremap <silent> <Enter> :nohl<Enter>

        --
        FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
        6:50PM up 41 days, 5:33, 16 users, load averages: 0.16, 0.08, 0.02