Unhighlight doubt in gvim[win2000]

  • Mariappan, MaharajanX
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi Folks,

      After the macthed text was highlighted, the yellow color backgroud is
      persists in gvim[win2000].

      How can one unhighlight the matched text, if he wants?

      I tried to toggle between insert node mode and command mode. But no valid
      response in gvim
      regarding this.

      Any idea?

      Maharajan
    • Kalle Bjorklid
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Mariappan, MaharajanX wrote:

        > How can one unhighlight the matched text, if he wants?

        :help nohl

        or, simply search for something that definitely doesn't exist:
        /asgd

        HTH
        --
        "Kalle" Karl-Mikael Bjorklid
        E-Mail: bjorklid@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
          > From: "Mariappan, MaharajanX" <m_mariappanX@...>
          > To: "'vim@...'" <vim@...>
          > Subject: Unhighlight doubt in gvim[win2000]
          > Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 02:15:37 -0800
          >
          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > After the macthed text was highlighted, the yellow color backgroud is
          > persists in gvim[win2000].
          >
          > How can one unhighlight the matched text, if he wants?
          >
          > I tried to toggle between insert node mode and command mode. But no valid
          > response in gvim
          > regarding this.
          >
          > Any idea?

          This is what I have in my .vimrc:

          " after performing a search, matches are highlighted. get rid of the
          " highlighting with <Enter>
          nnoremap <silent> <Enter> :nohl<Enter>

          --
          FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
          6:50PM up 41 days, 5:33, 16 users, load averages: 0.16, 0.08, 0.02