search without moving cursor

  • Gary Holloway
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Is there a reason that the 'n' flag cannot be used with the search() builtin
      function (only the searchpair function)?

      -gary
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        Gary Holloway wrote:

        > Is there a reason that the 'n' flag cannot be used with the search() builtin
        > function (only the searchpair function)?

        When the searchpair() function was added, someone (Johannes Zellner, I
        think) decided that it would be nice to give it an 'n' flag, and added this
        functionality. If you feel like modifying the search() function in a similar
        way, and send a patch to bram@..., it has a good chance of being included.

        --Benji Fisher