Re: [vim] Jumping?

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2001
      William Rickards wrote:

      > Thanks!
      > Ctrl o seems to be the trick
      > and gD works great.
      >
      > I wanted to know Ctrl-o because when I do global replacements like
      > %s/findstring/replacestring/g
      > it takes me to the last string replaced.
      > Is there a way to tell vim not to do that, essentially staying at the
      > current cursor position?

      I do not think there is a way to do that. :-(

      [snip]
      > > > Also someone mentioned a vim book...
      > > > What is it and is it worth buying?
      > >
      > > Vi IMproved -- Vim
      > > Steve Oualline
      > > New Riders ISBN 0 7357 1001 5
      > >
      > > Bram Moolenaar likely wouldn't learn anything new from the book,
      > > but its certainly a good way to learn Vim.

      If you order through the links on Bram's web site,
      http://www.vim.org/iccf/click5.html
      then 5% to 15% of the purchase price will be donated to charity. (:help
      uganda). You can also find a link from this page to Bram's errata list.

      HTH --Benji Fisher