Re: mapping

  • Janakiraman .S
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
      * Peter Horst (phorst@...) wrote thusly :

      > I tried incorporating a tip (#159, J. Hofmann) from vim-online into my
      > .vimrc, but it's not working yet. It's supposed to set up a
      > search/replace using the word under the cursor:

      > When I press Shift-F4, what actually happens is that the next 6 screen
      > characters are converted to uppercase, and vim goes "beep." Can someone
      > point out the relevant FM to R?

      (Assuming you are using console vim)
      Try using the actual key sequence instead of the <s-f4> notation. Enter
      that with <C-v>.

      I believe the problem is with termcap. If you do :set termcap, vim will
      list out the key sequence it is expecting. See if that matches what you
      get when you press <S-f4>.

      The relevant FM tags are
      xterm-shifted-keys, xterm-function-keys and term.txt.

      Regards,
      Janakiraman.

      --
      "Gegen Dummheit kaempfen selbst die Goetter vergebens".