imbedded python and vim.current.range

  • Timothy Grant
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      I've asked this before, and couldn't get a resolution, so I decided to
      let it go until after v6.0 went gold. I have now returned to the concept
      and discovered that the behaviour I'm experiencing hasn't changed.

      If I do the following:

      Vjjjjj:py print len(vim.current.range)

      6 is printed.

      However, if I do the same, but call do a :pyf and call a macro
      file, and within the file I do a

      print len(vim.current.range)

      it always prints 1.

      According to this message the behaviour I'm after should be working...

      I'm attaching the Python code that doesn't work.

      Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

      --
      Stand Fast,
      tjg.

      Timothy Grant