editing xml

  • Brian Parker
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001

      I'm trying to figure out how to easily have vim place a closing tag
      after I've typed the opening tag. For example, if I have typed <mytag>,
      I want to enter a key sequence to have </mytag> placed in my document.

      Can someone please show me how to do this? I'm a newbie with vim.

      Thanks!

      Brian
    • Alper Ersoy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001
        On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 06:23:34AM -0600, Brian Parker wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm trying to figure out how to easily have vim place a closing tag
        > after I've typed the opening tag. For example, if I have typed <mytag>,
        > I want to enter a key sequence to have </mytag> placed in my document.
        >
        > Can someone please show me how to do this? I'm a newbie with vim.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Brian

        Hello,

        There's a script at
        advertised to do specifically what you want to do (I haven't tried
        it myself, but it has a good rating).

        You can find other scripts at http://vim.sf.net which you may find
        useful.

        --