Re: Re[2]: Vim Outliner alpha available

  • Ned Konz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      On Friday 02 November 2001 12:26 am, dionn@... wrote:
      > You might want to take a look at
      > http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/olvim.htm

      I did, and that's why I wrote my own.

      Steve's "outliner" project has several big deficiencies from my point of view
      that my outliner doesn't:

      * it uses the stock Vim folding behavior, which results in a sub-optimal view
      of the outline contents when folded

      * it lacks leaf body text

      * its usage of tags is peculiar and not too useful IMO:
      instead of using the tags as symbolic references to positions in
      unknown other files, tags refer explicitly to other files (that is, _tag_todo
      will always refer to a file named todo.otl, though it may be
      in another directory). I don't know why he needed a 300 line Perl program
      to do this instead of just a little Vim macro.

      * it lacks syntax highlighting for heading levels

      * doesn't do anything useful in insertmode

      --
      Ned Konz
      currently: Stanwood, WA