Re: Idevim 1.0

  • ligesh at lxlinux.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- Morten Brix Pedersen <mbp@...> wrote:
      > * K T Ligesh <lxlingan@...> [2001-10-31
      > 11:14:48]:
      > > Idevim-1.0 is out. Now the connection between gdb
      > and Vim is fully
      > > asynchronous - thanks to Thomas Zellerin for the
      > idea. I have
      > > deprecated the buggy gtk module and hence you no
      > longer need the
      > > vim-sources for Idevim to compile.
      >
      > I tried it out, but I find out badly documented, is
      > it impossible to use
      > it with console vim? I did this:
      >
      > $ vim --servername vim
      > :Idestart a.out
      > :Ide r
      >
      > - this opened a gvim window, although I am actually
      > using the terminal

      This was due to the change in syntax between Vim60ao,
      (which was the vim i tested on) and latest release.

      The syntax to send a remote command had changed from
      --serversend to --remote-send. (Bram! that was a hard
      one)
      i have fixed it. You can download the latest one from
      the address below.

      http://www.lxlinux.com/gdbvim.tgz

      > Copenhagen, Denmark. -- Programmer, Scout, Geek.

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com