Vim compile problems

  • Mike Dean
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hello,

      I am having some problems compiling Vim. I have OpenBSD 2.9, stock
      compilers, make, etc., and have Vim 6.0 patched to .038 (I'll probably
      upgrade the patchlevel soon). I am trying to compile Vim with Python
      and Tcl support, and it is giving me problems.

      First, the Python problems. I have two Python installations. Python
      2.0 is installed from the OpenBSD ports tree to /usr/local, the
      executable is /usr/local/bin/python. I also have Python 2.2b1 installed
      with a prefix of /usr/local/python22. I want Vim to compile with 2.2,
      but when I just provide --enable-pythoninterp to configure, it finds
      2.0. I have tried --enable-pythoninterp with
      --with-python-config-dir=/usr/src/Python-2.2 (the directory my 2.2b1
      source tree is in), I have tried
      --enable-pythoninterp=/usr/local/python22. Nothing seems to work. How
      can I force Vim to find and build in my Python 2.2b1 rather than 2.0?

      Now, Tcl. I have Tcl 8.3 installed, again from the ports tree. tclsh
      is at /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.3. I give configure --enable-tclinterp and
      --with-tclsh=/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.3, and it says it is checking for
      /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.3.... no; I have verified that tclsh8.3 is
      present and is located in /usr/local/bin. Any ideas why this would be
      failing?

      Thanks in advance,
      Michael