Jakarta Ant

  • Arafat Mohamed
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      Anyone got a url on how to use ant instead of make? I tried to do a search
      on Google and the mailing list archive. I keep getting words such as "want".

      Thanks,
      Arafat Mohamed

    • Scott LaBounty
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Arafat,

        I Don't know if you're looking for ant information or ant through vim
        information so here's both:

        http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/

        and check the vim help files
        :help quickfix

        here is the summary for the errorformat:

        For ant (http://jakarta.apache.org/) the above errorformat has to be
        modified
        to honour the leading [javac] in front of each javac output line: >
        :set efm=%A\ %#[javac]\ %f:%l:\ %m,%-Z\ %#[javac]\ %p^,%-C%.%#

        then (from my _vimrc on Windows NT 4)
        set makeprg=ant.bat\ -find\ build.xml " Use ant as the makefile this
        should
        " work for ant 1.4

        for a *nix box you probably wouldn't want the ".bat" ;-).

        Finally here are some mappings I use for this (also from my _vimrc):
        map <F5> :wall<cr>:make<cr>
        map <F6> :wall<cr>:make test<cr>
        map <F7> :wall<cr>:make clean<cr>
        map <F8> :wall<cr>:make jar<cr>
        map <F9> :wall<cr>:make install<cr>

        Hope this helps!

        Scott LaBounty
        Netaphor Software, Inc.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
          On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 02:52:46PM -0500, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
          > Anyone got a url on how to use ant instead of make? I tried to do a search
          > on Google and the mailing list archive. I keep getting words such as "want".

          in vim6 you can just type
          :compiler ant
          :help compiler

          --