Re: New to Python

  • Peoter Veliki
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      > and what
      > > would I do to a vim6 .vimrc to allow me to edit .py files using python
      > > settings and my current fave settings for the rest of my languages?
      >
      > That one's easy. Put you python-specific commands in a python plugin in
      you
      > ftplugin directory. Same with any other file type.

      Can't you also use an autocommand that loads your python specific settings
      whenever you open a file with a *.py extension?

      " HTML
      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.html so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/html.vim

      " Java
      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.java so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/java.vim

      " JSP
      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/html.vim
      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/java.vim
      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/jsp.vim
    • Benoit Cerrina
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001

        > Can't you also use an autocommand that loads your python specific settings
        > whenever you open a file with a *.py extension?
        >

        > " HTML
        > autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.html so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/html.vim
        >
        > " Java
        > autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.java so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/java.vim
        >
        > " JSP
        > autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/html.vim
        > autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/java.vim
        > autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.jsp so $VIMRUNTIME/../myconfigfiles/jsp.vim

        Yes but this is already what is done trhought the filetype detection
        mechanism
        and ftplugins
        Benoit