Re: [vim] problem with netrw plugin, scp and windows path syntax

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hello!

      The scp you're using does understand cygwin style paths.
      As I recall there's a command under cygwin that converts
      to and for Windows <> Cygwin style paths. Perhaps a
      switch which would provide the option to invoke that
      transformation on the output of tempname() would handle
      the difficulty.

      Regards,
      C Campbell

      --
      Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
      cec@... /_/ \/_//_/
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        > The scp you're using does understand cygwin style paths.
        > As I recall there's a command under cygwin that converts
        > to and for Windows <> Cygwin style paths. Perhaps a
        > switch which would provide the option to invoke that
        > transformation on the output of tempname() would handle
        > the difficulty.

        Hi!
        The cygwin command is cygpath, I think it's got a bit of 'help' message.

        IMHO you're better off looking at the code for cygpath, and writin the
        method into something else though, because cygpath is a bit abrupt.

        andy

        --
        art27@... - Assistant Technical Director - Queens' Bats

        "So many questions, so few fish"