Re: irritation

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Tim Davenport wrote:

      > :map <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse> from the command line
      > :map! <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse> from the command line

      Assuming vim6 - <middlemouse> doesn't paste the current
      clipboard (i.e., what you've 'copied'), but the current visual
      selection (i.e., what's currently highlighted in any app.).

      Technically, under X copying in vim6 puts the text into the
      "+ register, whereas <middlemouse> pastes the highlighted "*
      register.

      I have to assume it 'works' in terminal vim because your term
      app. doesn't pass mouse clicks to vim, but does the paste etc.
      itself.

      Try:

      :noremap <S-Insert> "+P (maybe "+p - check your Edit menu)
      :inoremap <S-Insert <C-R>+

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature