Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      Gary Holloway wrote:

      > I'm in a C source file (current window).
      > I've got a preview window displaying a tag.
      >
      > I type :copen, which opens the quickfix window, and makes it my
      > current window.
      >
      > Why does <C-W>p jump to the preview window, and not the C source?
      >
      > Seems like a bug, since my previous window was the C source, not the
      > preview window.

      It doesn't happen for me, CTRL-W p jumps back to the C source. Any idea
      what could be different for you?

      --
      (letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probable certificate)
      For an 'A' we would have to: Lose as may shits as possible Take Jesus

    • Gary Holloway
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
        Try setting splitbelow

        I turned splitbelow off, and it did work; when the preview window is at the
        top, and the quickfix window is at the bottom.

        Sorry 'bout leaving that tidbit out. :)

        With splitbelow on, the C source is on top, below that is the preview window,
        and below that the quickfix window.

        -gary

        / FROM: Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>, Nov 1 11:04 2001
        | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
        |

        | Gary Holloway wrote:
        |
        | > I'm in a C source file (current window).
        | > I've got a preview window displaying a tag.
        | >
        | > I type :copen, which opens the quickfix window, and makes it my
        | > current window.
        | >
        | > Why does <C-W>p jump to the preview window, and not the C source?
        | >
        | > Seems like a bug, since my previous window was the C source, not the
        | > preview window.
        |
        | It doesn't happen for me, CTRL-W p jumps back to the C source. Any idea
        | what could be different for you?
        |
        | --
        | (letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probable certificate)
        | For an 'A' we would have to: Lose as may shits as possible Take Jesus
        | Christ out, if possible Loose "I fart in your general direction" Lose
        | "the oral sex" Lose "oh, fuck off" Lose "We make castanets out of your
        | testicles"
        | "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
        |
        | /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.moolenaar.net \\\
        | ((( Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim )))
        | \\\ Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org ///

        \ END: Bram Moolenaar
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
          Gary Holloway wrote:

          > I'm in a C source file (current window).
          > I've got a preview window displaying a tag.
          >
          > I type :copen, which opens the quickfix window, and makes it my current window.
          >
          > Why does <C-W>p jump to the preview window, and not the C source?
          >
          > Seems like a bug, since my previous window was the C source, not the preview
          > window.

          Are you sure you typed <C-W>p and not <C-W>P ? Perhaps CAPS LOCK was on?

          HTH --Benji Fisher
        • Gary Holloway
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2002
            I haven't had a chance to look at the latest beta release...does anyone know if
            this was fixed?

            -gary

            / FROM: Gary Holloway <gary@...>, Nov 1 10:20 2001
            | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
            |
            | Try setting splitbelow
            |
            | I turned splitbelow off, and it did work; when the preview window is at the
            | top, and the quickfix window is at the bottom.
            |
            | Sorry 'bout leaving that tidbit out. :)
            |
            | With splitbelow on, the C source is on top, below that is the preview window,
            | and below that the quickfix window.
            |
            | -gary
            |
            | / FROM: Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>, Nov 1 11:04 2001
            | | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
            | |
            | |
            | | Gary Holloway wrote:
            | |
            | | > I'm in a C source file (current window).
            | | > I've got a preview window displaying a tag.
            | | >
            | | > I type :copen, which opens the quickfix window, and makes it my
            | | > current window.
            | | >
            | | > Why does <C-W>p jump to the preview window, and not the C source?
            | | >
            | | > Seems like a bug, since my previous window was the C source, not the
            | | > preview window.
            | |
            | | It doesn't happen for me, CTRL-W p jumps back to the C source. Any idea
            | | what could be different for you?
            | |
            | | --
            | | (letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probable certificate)
            | | For an 'A' we would have to: Lose as may shits as possible Take Jesus
            | | Christ out, if possible Loose "I fart in your general direction" Lose
            | | "the oral sex" Lose "oh, fuck off" Lose "We make castanets out of your
            | | testicles"
            | | "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
            | |
            | | /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.moolenaar.net \\\
            | | ((( Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim )))
            | | \\\ Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org ///
            | |
            | \ END: Bram Moolenaar

            \ END: Gary Holloway
          • Gary Holloway
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2002
              Using v6.1 now, and this is still a problem (bug, right?)...

              / FROM: Gary Holloway <gary@...>, Nov 1 10:20 2001
              | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
              |
              | Try setting splitbelow
              |
              | I turned splitbelow off, and it did work; when the preview window is at the
              | top, and the quickfix window is at the bottom.
              |
              | Sorry 'bout leaving that tidbit out. :)
              |
              | With splitbelow on, the C source is on top, below that is the preview window,
              | and below that the quickfix window.
              |
              | -gary
              |
              | / FROM: Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>, Nov 1 11:04 2001
              | | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
              | |
              | |
              | | Gary Holloway wrote:
              | |
              | | > I'm in a C source file (current window).
              | | > I've got a preview window displaying a tag.
              | | >
              | | > I type :copen, which opens the quickfix window, and makes it my
              | | > current window.
              | | >
              | | > Why does <C-W>p jump to the preview window, and not the C source?
              | | >
              | | > Seems like a bug, since my previous window was the C source, not the
              | | > preview window.
              | |
              | | It doesn't happen for me, CTRL-W p jumps back to the C source. Any idea
              | | what could be different for you?
              | |
              | | --
              | | (letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probable certificate)
              | | For an 'A' we would have to: Lose as may shits as possible Take Jesus
              | | Christ out, if possible Loose "I fart in your general direction" Lose
              | | "the oral sex" Lose "oh, fuck off" Lose "We make castanets out of your
              | | testicles"
              | | "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
              | |
              | | /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.moolenaar.net \\\
              | | ((( Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim )))
              | | \\\ Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org ///
              | |
              | \ END: Bram Moolenaar

              \ END: Gary Holloway
            • Bram Moolenaar
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 18, 2002
                Gary Holloway wrote:

                > Using v6.1 now, and this is still a problem (bug, right?)...
                >
                > / FROM: Gary Holloway <gary@...>, Nov 1 10:20 2001
                > | ABOUT: Re: copen vs. preview and wincmd p
                > |
                > | Try setting splitbelow
                > |
                > | I turned splitbelow off, and it did work; when the preview window is at the
                > | top, and the quickfix window is at the bottom.
                > |
                > | Sorry 'bout leaving that tidbit out. :)
                > |
                > | With splitbelow on, the C source is on top, below that is the
                > | preview window, and below that the quickfix window.

                I can reproduce it. It's a tiny bug.

                --
                Hear about the guy who played a blank tape at full blast?
                The mime next door went nuts.