autostart plugin

  • Arafat Mohamed
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
      How do I automatically start a script in my plugin directory? I just
      discovered WManager. I'd like it to load automatically whenever I start vim.

      I tried putting the following in my .vimrc

      WManager
      load WManager
      set WManager

      None of these worked.

      Thanks,
      Arafat Mohamed

    • Jonathon M. Merz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
        At 07:16 PM 10/31/01 -0500, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
        >How do I automatically start a script in my plugin directory? I just
        >discovered WManager. I'd like it to load automatically whenever I start vim.
        >
        >I tried putting the following in my .vimrc
        >
        >WManager
        >load WManager
        >set WManager
        >
        >None of these worked.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Arafat Mohamed

        Try:

        au VimEnter * WManager

        in your .vimrc

        the plain 'WManager' wouldn't work since the plugins are not sourced until
        after your .vimrc is read.

        -Jon

        _____________________________________
        "If you had a million Shakespeares,
        could they write like a monkey?"
        -- Steven Wright

        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Jonathon M. Merz <jmerz42@...>
      • Benoit Cerrina
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          > How do I automatically start a script in my plugin directory? I just
          > discovered WManager. I'd like it to load automatically whenever I start
          vim.

          > I tried putting the following in my .vimrc
          >
          > WManager
          > load WManager
          > set WManager
          >
          > None of these worked.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Arafat Mohamed

          what is your vim version?
          if it is 60 it should source all the files in a plugin subdirectory
          of the directory in your runtimepath (see :help runtimepath)
          Benoit
        • Benji Fisher
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
            Arafat Mohamed wrote:

            > How do I automatically start a script in my plugin directory? I just
            > discovered WManager. I'd like it to load automatically whenever I start vim.
            >
            > I tried putting the following in my .vimrc
            >
            > WManager
            > load WManager
            > set WManager
            >
            > None of these worked.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Arafat Mohamed

            This should happen automatically. Check the following:

            :set compatible?
            :set runtimepath?

            Is your plugin in a directory listed in the 'runtimepath' option? If all else
            fails, you can add the line

            :source path/to/WManager

            to your vimrc file.

            HTH --Benji Fisher