RE: Just started

  • Coen Engelbarts
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      > I've just been recommended to use GVIM , trying to sort

      > Q/ How do I copy-paste from VIM to other applications/xterm window and
      > vice-versa by highlighting an area of text. In normal Vi mode
      > I usually do
      > that by using mouse rightclick which brings out a popup menu
      > , then select
      > edit . But when I try that on Vim , the right click doesn't work.

      I understand you want to copy from GUI vim. Terminal vim (i.e. vim in your
      normal xterm) should work as any other X application.

      I use in my .gvimrc:

      "
      " GUI specific options (see: ":help guioptions")
      "
      " a Autoselect: always auto-copy VIM's visual selection to X-windows'
      X-selection.
      " b Bottom scrollbar is present.
      " g Show inactive menu items (in grey).
      " i Use a (B&W) Vim icon when GVIM is minimized. For a color icon, type
      ":help X11-icon".
      " ('i' Does not work with the MS-Windows window-manager, only with a X11
      wm)
      " l Left-hand scrollbar is present.
      " m Menu bar is present.
      " r Right-hand scrollbar is present.