Weird vim behavior

  • Stuart, David
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001

      I was wondering about some odd behavior I've noticed recently with Vim,
      although it might not be vim's fault per se.

      I notice that when I'm running JBuilder, and am debugging some code, while
      stopped at a breakpoint, if I try to open VIM (on any file, doesn't matter
      which), it doesn't come up until I release the breakpoint in JBuilder.

      This is obviously an extremely bizarre interaction, and I'm wondering what
      the reason is.

      I'm running Win2K, vim 6.0s

      Dave
      --
      Software Designer, AcceLight Networks
      26 Auriga Drive, Ottawa, ON, K2E 8B7
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 at 17:06:39 -0400, Stuart, David wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I was wondering about some odd behavior I've noticed recently with Vim,
        > although it might not be vim's fault per se.
        >
        > I notice that when I'm running JBuilder, and am debugging some code, while
        > stopped at a breakpoint, if I try to open VIM (on any file, doesn't matter
        > which), it doesn't come up until I release the breakpoint in JBuilder.
        >
        > This is obviously an extremely bizarre interaction, and I'm wondering what
        > the reason is.
        >
        > I'm running Win2K, vim 6.0s

        Some hard OS-level lock that blocks vim's file-open operation?

        What happens if you try to open the breakpointed file with another
        editor/program?

        --
        Piet Delport <siberiyan@...>
        Today's subliminal thought is: