Re: relation between indent and text wrap

  • Paul Tremblay
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 07:18:25AM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > When I'm editing tex or html (or anything that has some formatting and
      > lots of text), I'd like to have a way to indent and do text wrapping at
      > the same time. If I try to gqap on a paragraph that contains formatting
      > information (let's say some itemizing, for instance), then it's just
      > transformed into a block of text. On the other hand, if I decide to
      > indent a paragraph (or rather a block) doing a =a{, there is no
      > readjusting of the text part (no line breaking or joining). Is it
      > possible to have both ?

      I was browsing a book (the only book?) on vim just this weekend,
      and came across a tip that will format your paragraph based on
      the second paragraph:

      :set formatoption=2

      This should maintain the indent if you have indented your
      paragraph. Don't know if it will maintain itemizing, especially
      since I don't know how to itemize in vim.

      HTP

      Paul
      --
      *Paul Tremblay *