key behaves like "~"

  • René Clerc
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      I am a very happy vim user, except for one small thing:

      when I press <End> in either insert or normal mode, it doesn't go to
      the end of the line, but it changes the case of the character the
      cursor is at.

      I did a search through the manual and on Google, but wasn't able to
      find anything (quite a tricky search, using the "end" keyword).

      I use vim inside of screen; I figure this is the problem. When I set
      TERM to xterm I have no problem, when it is vt100, both <Home> and
      <End> behave weird.

      So I guess it has something to do with my termcap? I'm not good at
      that. I hope one of you can help me with this problem.

      Attached: my termcap

      TIA,

      --
      René Clerc - (rene@...)

      Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm
      your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
      -David Pratt on alt.soulmates
    • René Clerc
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        * Neil Bird <neil.bird@...> [01-10-2001 15:59]:

        | >Attached: my termcap
        |
        | That was ... big. Big enough to slaughter my mozilla :(

        My apologies to all for sending this very large file to the list.
        I'm termcap clueless, and had no idea the file was this big (just
        attached it without paying attention to the filesize).

        Hanging head in shame,

        --
        René Clerc - (rene@...)