opening and closing folds automatically

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      hi guys,
      I am using the following fold method from :h fold
      syn region myFold start="{" end="}" transparent fold
      syn sync fromstart
      set foldmethod=syntax

      when I open a file I can see the folds.
      I do
      /foo.
      fold which contains this string opens.
      I type 'n' to get to next search.

      when I move out of the previous fold which was opened , I had like
      that to be closed agaim.

      How can I accomplish this?
      thanks
      vipin
    • Serge Rey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
        On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:48:31AM +0530, vipin aravind wrote:
        > hi guys,
        > I am using the following fold method from :h fold
        > syn region myFold start="{" end="}" transparent fold
        > syn sync fromstart
        > set foldmethod=syntax
        >
        > when I open a file I can see the folds.
        > I do
        > /foo.
        > fold which contains this string opens.
        > I type 'n' to get to next search.
        >
        > when I move out of the previous fold which was opened , I had like
        > that to be closed agaim.

        you might want to play around with
        :set foldopen=all
        :set foldclose=all

        also see
        :he folding

        --
        Sergio J. Rey http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
        GPG fingerprint = 16DB 4934 E0F1 B386 AE81 D379 914C 33E5 F690 95DF
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
          thanks, I was looking for this.
          vipin