sending vim dde or dll commands?

  • Peoter Veliki
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
      I am writing some macros to drive Vim from a scripting language that allows you to send DDE requests to an application and to make calls to functions in DLL files.  Can Vim be controlled in either of these 2 ways, and if so, where can I find a reference?

      Thanks
    • Benoit Cerrina
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        You can do it in a slightly different way by using the client server mode.
        See :help clientserver.
        Basically there is a server vim which you control from your scripting language
        by launching a client with the appropriate command line commands.
        Benoit