scrolling with line numbers on

  • Gary Holloway
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      I hate to report a problem that I cannot consistently reproduce, but...

      With line numbering is turned on, I frequently see a scrolling glitch. When
      any command that produces many lines of output (e.g., :set, :syn, :registers,
      etc.) scrolls its output, there is a "frozen" region in the text portion of the
      window (where the file contents are) on the right that is the same number of
      columns as used by the line numbers on the left.

      i.e., The text of the file being edited remains in tact in the right-most 8
      columns of the text area as the (truncated) messages scroll past.

      The output uses the full window width in the cmdheight region of the gvim
      window, but as it scrolls into (what would be) the text area, the output is
      truncated as it scrolls up.

      Hopefully that makes sense. It's a bit hard to describe. Unfortuately, I
      cannot come up with a specific way to consistently repeat the problem, and it
      will suddenly work correctly, even in the same gvim session.

      Maybe someone else has seen this behavior?