Re: 2 questions

  • Cory T. Echols
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2001
      On 09/06, Cory T. Echols wrote:
      > :execute "/"c_word
      >
      > Unfortunately, <cword> seems to always expand such that it has a space
      > in front of the alphanumeric characters (in 6.0au, anyhow). I haven't
      > looked at the docs very closely, so I don't know if this is correct
      > behavior or not. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting or wanting in
      > this situation, though.

      I guess I should have experimented more before posting this. However,
      the unexpected behavior was not due to erroneous expansion of <cword>.
      Rather, I had given you the wrong form of the :execute command. You
      should use the following:

      :execute "/".c_word

      Notice the dot before c_word. The dot is the string concatenation
      operator.

      --
      Cory T. Echols
      coryechols@...