swapping mappings

  • Mark Zealey
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      I love vim's g[Rr] functions, so much so that I'd like to replace [rR] with
      them, but at the same time, I'd like to remap [rR] to be g[rR], if you see what
      I mean, is there any way to just swap the 2 mappings, so that R will go into
      VREPLACE mode and gR will go into REPLACE mode, etc ?

      TIA

      --

      Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.openprojects.net: #zealos and many more)
      mark@...

      UL++++>$ G!>(GCM/GCS/GS/GM) dpu? s:-@ a16! C++++>$ P++++>+++++$ L+++>+++++$
      !E---? W+++>$ N- !o? !w--- O? !M? !V? !PS !PE--@ PGP+? r++ !t---?@ !X---?
      !R- b+ !tv b+ DI+ D+? G+++ e>+++++ !h++* r!-- y--

      (www.geekcode.com)
    • Max Ischenko
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        Mark Zealey wrote:

        > I love vim's g[Rr] functions, so much so that I'd like to replace [rR]
        > with them, but at the same time, I'd like to remap [rR] to be g[rR],
        > if you see what I mean, is there any way to just swap the 2 mappings,
        > so that R will go into VREPLACE mode and gR will go into REPLACE mode,
        > etc ?

        :nnoremap ?

        --
        BOFH excuse #143:
        had to use hammer to free stuck disk drive heads.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
          On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 04:33:52PM +0300, Max Ischenko wrote:

          > Mark Zealey wrote:
          >
          > > I love vim's g[Rr] functions, so much so that I'd like to replace [rR]
          > > with them, but at the same time, I'd like to remap [rR] to be g[rR],
          > > if you see what I mean, is there any way to just swap the 2 mappings,
          > > so that R will go into VREPLACE mode and gR will go into REPLACE mode,
          > > etc ?
          > >

          > :nnoremap ?

          Worked a dream, thanks.

          Any ideas on how to turn <Insert>'s REPLACE mode into VREPLACE?