Re: startinsert in automcmd not working in vim 6

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
      Darren Greaves wrote:

      > I have played around with this some more but to no avail.
      > I discovered the following though.
      >
      > It only breaks when Vim starts. If I manually set the filetype to cvs
      > or mail then it works fine.

      There was a problem with ":startinsert" that got fixed between 6.0as and
      6.0at. This was about using ":startinsert" in the .vimrc file, but it
      very likely also applies to using an autocommand while starting up.
      Try using 6.0at and check if the problem is solved.

      --
      WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?
      ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest

    • Darren Greaves
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
        Yes, 6.0at fixes it.
        Thanks a lot, Darren.

        On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 01:16:57PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > There was a problem with ":startinsert" that got fixed between 6.0as and
        > 6.0at. This was about using ":startinsert" in the .vimrc file, but it
        > very likely also applies to using an autocommand while starting up.
        > Try using 6.0at and check if the problem is solved.

        --
        Abe: I used to be `with it.' But then they changed what `it' was.
        Now what I'm `with' isn't `it' and what's `it' seems weird and scary