Large files

  • Mariusz Stanczak
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      This has bugged me for the longest of times, and I looked through the
      help file more than once.
      I often have a need to edit very large files, larger than my (virtual)
      memory. As it is, at least on Win32 (Win2K in my case) when Gvim is
      presented with such file it tries to suck it in whole while the OS
      eventually runs out of memory, and swap space, and it panics.
      Is there a way to have Gvim work from disk, page by page at a time the
      way vim used to?