loose courser when using fbdev consoles

  • Garrett Kuchta
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hi, please excuse me if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the archives anywhere, and I didn't see it mentioned in any of the FAQs:

      I'm running a fbdev console (1024x768@75Hz), and, for some reason, if I use my .vimrc file (see below), I loose my courser (flashing white box) when vim starts, and it doesn't come back when I drop down to a command-prompt. I can only get it back by running 'reset'. I've gone through and checked every individual line in my .vimrc file, and it doesn't appear to be any one individual line. Running vim without a .vimrc file works fine, I don't loose my courser.

      I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this behavior and found a panacea. Much thanks.

      I'm running vim5.8 (provided as a binary with slackware8).

      ------[.vimrc]---[snip]-----
      set nocp
      map! <xHome> <Home>
      map! <xEnd> <End>
      map! <S-xF4> <S-F4>
      map! <S-xF3> <S-F3>
      map! <S-xF2> <S-F2>
      map! <S-xF1> <S-F1>
      map! <xF4> <F4>
      map! <xF3> <F3>
      map! <xF2> <F2>
      map! <xF1> <F1>
      map ^V<S-Insert> ^V<MiddleMouse>
      map <xHome> <Home>
      map <xEnd> <End>
      map <S-xF4> <S-F4>
      map <S-xF3> <S-F3>
      map <S-xF2> <S-F2>
      map <S-xF1> <S-F1>
      map <xF4> <F4>
      map <xF3> <F3>
      map <xF2> <F2>
      map <xF1> <F1>
      map! ^V<S-Insert> ^V<MiddleMouse>
      set autoindent
      set hlsearch
      set ignorecase
      set mouse=a
      set mousehide
      set shiftwidth=4
      set showmatch
      set smartindent
      set tabstop=4
      set nowrapscan
      set ru
      set term=rxvt

      if &term == "rxvt"
      map <Esc>[1~ 0
      imap <Esc>[1~ <C-o>0
      map <Esc>[4~ $
      imap <Esc>[4~ <C-o>$
      endif

      Garrett

      --
      when salmon are outlawed, only outlaws will have salmon.