RE: Cyrillic font and keymap question

  • Paauw, Eric
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
      > > A friend has to create some Russian texts, and he would like
      > > to use Vim for that. I've noticed that with CTRL-_ one can
      > > switch between Hebrew and English, and :set altkeymap switches
      > > between Farsi and English.

      > Vim 6 (which is now beta) has keymap feature which makes it really
      easy
      > to enter foreign language texts. [...]
      > See :help keymap for more info.

      Thanks, I'll look into that. I have been hesitant to
      switch to version 6, but it has to come to that
      sooner or later.

      All the other hints and tips that were mailed directly
      are greatly appreciated too!

      Eric
    • Alexey Marinichev
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
        On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:26:58AM +0300, Max Ischenko wrote:

        > Alexey Marinichev wrote:
        [...]
        > > Vim 6 (which is now beta) has keymap feature...
        [...]
        > Another possibility is to configure one's OS to support Russian
        > keyboard.

        Right, you'll have to do for every OS you encounter. Once you change
        OS, or log in to you machine from somewhere else, you are not able to
        enter cyrillic anymore.

        Vim native solution is more portable.

        --Lyosha