Vim 6.0ap and errorformat

  • Scott LaBounty
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      I just loaded Windows version of vim 6.0 ap and am now seeing the following
      problem:

      E55: Unmatched \)

      when I do a make. I'm using the following errorformat:

      :set errorformat=%A%*\\s%[javac%\\]\ %f:%l:\ %m,%Z%*\\s%[javac%\\]\
      symbol%*\\s:\ %m

      other relevant info:

      set shell=bash " Use the bash shell
      set shellpipe=\|\ tee
      set makeprg=ant.bat " Use ant as the makefile

      Bash is cygwin's bash. The make does work (i.e. a jar file in this case gets
      built), but :cl shows nothing. Any ideas??

      Thanks,

      Scott LaBounty
      Netaphor Software, Inc.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        Scott LaBounty wrote:

        > I just loaded Windows version of vim 6.0 ap and am now seeing the following
        > problem:
        >
        > E55: Unmatched \)
        >
        > when I do a make. I'm using the following errorformat:
        >
        > :set errorformat=%A%*\\s%[javac%\\]\ %f:%l:\ %m,%Z%*\\s%[javac%\\]\
        > symbol%*\\s:\ %m

        The problem is the %[javac%\\] I don't know what your intention was, but
        this is certainly wrong. Both % and \ are special characters. ":set" halves
        the number of backslashes. I can avoid the error by using %[javac%\\\\\\],
        but I doubt it will do what you intended.

        Did this 'errorformat' ever work in a previous version?

        102. When filling out your driver's license application, you give
        your IP address.

      • Scott LaBounty
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          Well ... it did work in 5.7 and 5.8. As for what I was trying to do umm.. OK
          I confess I just copied it. I guess I'll have to read up on the errorformat
          strings unless anyone else uses ant and can give me an error format for it.

          Thanks,

          Scott LaBounty
          Netaphor Software, Inc.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
            OK, I didn't read up on errorformat (I *promise* I will) but, I did find
            this link:
            http://www.ia.pw.edu.pl/~wujek/tex/prog/vim/quickfix.html

            which contains the following errorformat for ant/javac:
            :set efm=%A\ %#[javac]\ %f:%l:\ %m,%-Z\ %#[javac]\ %p^,%-C%.%#

            This seems to work at least on my first quick attempt so, thanks to
            everyone.

            Scott LaBounty
            Netaphor Software, Inc.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
              Scott LaBounty wrote:

              > Well ... it did work in 5.7 and 5.8. As for what I was trying to do umm.. OK
              > I confess I just copied it. I guess I'll have to read up on the errorformat
              > strings unless anyone else uses ant and can give me an error format for it.

              What might cause trouble is that patterns have been extended, more things have
              a special meaning now. Check "version6.txt" for the new regexp items.

              I try to make Vim 6.0 backwards compatible with 5.x, but adding new search
              pattern items can't be done without making some patterns incompatible.
              Still, for 'errorformat' there may be a way to make it more compatible, make a
              suggestion if you see an opening.

              109. You actually read -- and enjoy -- lists like this.