Re: visual operations without losing focus?

  • Danie Roux
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0200, rene@... wrote:
      > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
      > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?

      The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

      --
      Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix
    • Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        put these in your .vimrc

        vnoremap > >gv
        vnoremap < <gv

        ~Lee

        --

        rene@... wrote:

        I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit <
        or >, the focus is lost.
        Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
      • Charl Matthee
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19 1:24 AM
          On Wed Aug 01 2001 at 02:40:33PM +0200 'Danie Roux' <droux@...> wrote:

          > > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
          > > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
          >
          > The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

          Just to clarify, hit '.' :)

          Ciao

          Charl

          Making reality real since 1974.

          [ Charl Matthee ] [ +27-11-721-3800 ]
          [ Reality Manufacturing ] [ +27-11-405-6508 ]