Re: visual operations without losing focus?

  • Bohdan Vlasyuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0200, rene@... wrote:

      > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit
      > < or >, the focus is lost. Can anyone please clue me on how to fix
      > that?
      either use '2>', '3>' instead of plain '>', or press 'gv' after '>'

      see
      :h count
      :h gv

      --
      Enjoy yourself while you're still old.
    • Danie Roux
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0200, rene@... wrote:
        > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
        > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?

        The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

        --
        Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix
      • Lee
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          put these in your .vimrc

          vnoremap > >gv
          vnoremap < <gv

          ~Lee

          --

          rene@... wrote:

          I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit <
          or >, the focus is lost.
          Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
        • Charl Matthee
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2001
            On Wed Aug 01 2001 at 02:40:33PM +0200 'Danie Roux' <droux@...> wrote:

            > > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
            > > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
            >
            > The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

            Just to clarify, hit '.' :)

            Ciao

            Charl

            Making reality real since 1974.

            [ Charl Matthee ] [ +27-11-721-3800 ]
            [ Reality Manufacturing ] [ +27-11-405-6508 ]