Re: visual operations without losing focus?

  • Bohdan Vlasyuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0200, rene@... wrote:

      > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit
      > < or >, the focus is lost. Can anyone please clue me on how to fix
      > that?
      either use '2>', '3>' instead of plain '>', or press 'gv' after '>'

      see
      :h count
      :h gv

      --
      Enjoy yourself while you're still old.
    • rene@xs4all.nl
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
        Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
      • Danie Roux
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0200, rene@... wrote:
          > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
          > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?

          The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

          --
          Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix
        • Lee
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
            put these in your .vimrc

            vnoremap > >gv
            vnoremap < <gv

            ~Lee

            --

            rene@... wrote:

            I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit <
            or >, the focus is lost.
            Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
          • Charl Matthee
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2001
              On Wed Aug 01 2001 at 02:40:33PM +0200 'Danie Roux' <droux@...> wrote:

              > > I want to indent a block of text multiple times, but each time I hit < or >, the focus is lost.
              > > Can anyone please clue me on how to fix that?
              >
              > The focus does not get lost. Just hit > again.

              Just to clarify, hit '.' :)

              Ciao

              Charl

              Making reality real since 1974.

              [ Charl Matthee ] [ +27-11-721-3800 ]
              [ Reality Manufacturing ] [ +27-11-405-6508 ]