keymappings?

  • rene@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
      where can i read on how to vim interprets my keybindings for the cursor-keys for instance? my isp also has vim
      installed, but when in editmode pressing the "<-" key, it will insert a newline above the editted one, and insert
      'D' on that line. Quite not what I want ;(
    • lwwickla@rockwellcollins.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
        This probably has to do with the terminal program you're using. You may
        try mapping the arrow to the h key with
        :map (hit control-v)(hit left arrow) h

        Leif Wickland

        rene@... on 08/01/2001 06:10:26 AM

        To: vim@...
        cc:

        Subject: keymappings?

        where can i read on how to vim interprets my keybindings for the
        cursor-keys for instance? my isp also has vim
        installed, but when in editmode pressing the "<-" key, it will insert a
        newline above the editted one, and insert
        'D' on that line. Quite not what I want ;(
      • Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2001
          On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 lwwickla@... wrote:

          > This probably has to do with the terminal program you're using. You may
          > try mapping the arrow to the h key with
          > :map (hit control-v)(hit left arrow) h
          >
          > Leif Wickland
          >

          > rene@... on 08/01/2001 06:10:26 AM
          >
          > To: vim@...
          > cc:
          >
          > Subject: keymappings?
          >

          > where can i read on how to vim interprets my keybindings for the
          > cursor-keys for instance? my isp also has vim
          > installed, but when in editmode pressing the "<-" key, it will insert a
          > newline above the editted one, and insert
          > 'D' on that line. Quite not what I want ;(

          I had this before, try: >

          :set nocompatable

          (that D is not cool, is it?)

          --
          Hunter with gun: ``I love animals. That's why I love to kill
          them.''

          /|| Adam Seyfarth <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/> ||\
          /«|| <mailto:cloud@...> <http://www.majik3d.org> ||»\
          \«|| <http://tuxaqfh.sf.net> <http://tuxkart.sf.net> ||»/