DrawIt now supports slanted drawing and arrowheads

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
      Hello!

      Announcing: slant (diagonal) characters from DrawIt! (\/)
      arrowheads from DrawIt! (<>^V)
      space also ( )

      I'd already made slant characters work for (/?\|) (the ?| are
      upper-case /\ on my keyboard) when Mark Waggoner sent some "Enhanced
      DrawIt" with a similar idea, except that he used the number pad. The
      use of the number pad is a Better Idea, since keyboards are less than
      consistent in where they put the non-alphameric characters. So I've
      modified my DrawIt forthwith...

      http://www.erols.com/astronaut/vim/index.html#VimFuncs (see DrawIt)

      Note: you need at least 6.0k or higher; the latest 6.0ap is now beta!
      (DrawIt is a plugin)

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      --
      Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
      cec@... /_/ \/_//_/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
        Charles E. Campbell [mailto:cec@...] wrote:
        > Announcing: slant (diagonal) characters from DrawIt! (\/)
        > arrowheads from DrawIt! (<>^V)
        > space also ( )
        >
        > I'd already made slant characters work for (/?\|) (the ?| are
        > upper-case /\ on my keyboard) when Mark Waggoner sent some "Enhanced
        > DrawIt" with a similar idea, except that he used the number pad. The
        > use of the number pad is a Better Idea, since keyboards are less than
        > consistent in where they put the non-alphameric characters. So I've
        > modified my DrawIt forthwith...
        >
        > http://www.erols.com/astronaut/vim/index.html#VimFuncs (see DrawIt)

        I just installed DrawIt for the first time and I was just reading through
        the documentation and noticed that the following documentation:

        " \ <end> replace with a \, move down and right, and insert a \
        " | <pgup> replace with a \, move up and left, and insert a \
        " / <pgdn> replace with a /, move down and left, and insert a /
        " ? <home> replace with a /, move up and right, and insert a /

        Needs some correction.

        I think you want:

        " / <end> replace with a /, move down and left, and insert a /
        " / <pgup> replace with a /, move up and right, and insert a /
        " \ <pgdn> replace with a \, move down and right, and insert a \
        " \ <home> replace with a \, move up and left, and insert a \

        Also when I'm drawing a "\" to the right of a "|" or "+", it does not move
        one space to the right and one line down: Here is a picture showing the
        problem:

        \
        |\
        | \
        -+-+\
        | |\ <--- Here is where something is wrong
        | |\
        +-+\
        \

        PS: Very neat plugin.
        PPS: I'm using vim 6.0ap

        --
        Kipp E. Howard - Sr. Software Engineer @ CourtLink
        kipp.howard@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
          Charles E. Campbell [mailto:cec@...] wrote:
          > Announcing: slant (diagonal) characters from DrawIt! (\/)
          > arrowheads from DrawIt! (<>^V)
          > space also ( )
          >
          > http://www.erols.com/astronaut/vim/index.html#VimFuncs (see DrawIt)

          Thus saith Kipp Howard:
          > I think you want:
          >
          > " / <end> replace with a /, move down and left, and insert a /
          > " / <pgup> replace with a /, move up and right, and insert a /
          > " \ <pgdn> replace with a \, move down and right, and insert a \
          > " \ <home> replace with a \, move up and left, and insert a \

          Actually the original is ok -- the |? are upper-case of \/ on my
          keyboard and so that's what I installed. However, since many
          keyboards don't have that layout, at Mark Waggoner's suggestion
          I put in the numeric keypad maps.

          > Also when I'm drawing a "\" to the right of a "|" or "+", it does not move
          > one space to the right and one line down: Here is a picture showing the
          > problem:
          >
          > \
          > |\
          > | \
          > -+-+\
          > | |\ <--- Here is where something is wrong
          > | |\
          > +-+\
          > \

          I've just uploaded yet-another-copy which fixes this difficulty
          (it was in MoveDown(); the test is now while .. <= .. instead
          of while .. < .. ). Thank you for pointing this out!

          > PS: Very neat plugin.

          Thank you!

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell

          --
          Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
            This is great, the numeric keypad is a lot better than the previous mapping.
            Benoit
            PS:
            for your information on a french keyboard the / is already a shifted : and
            the \ needs the use of the Altgr key (also known as the
            right Alt used to gain access to the third characters on some keys)