Re: VIM 5.8 error when start to edit xml file

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
      On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 02:41:36PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      :
      : Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
      : >
      : > Every time I load XML file to edit I get the following error messages:
      : [snip]
      :
      : I think the wrong version of syntax/xml.vim was included in the release
      : of Vim 5.8. Try finding the right version, either by poking around your
      : favorite mirror site or by searching the archives of this list:
      :

      It doesn't look like the revised xml.vim syntax file has been included
      in any of the Vim 5.8 patches.

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
        On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 07:49:10AM -0400, Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
        > Every time I load XML file to edit I get the following error messages:
        >
        > "build.xml" 31L, 820C
        > Error detected while processing c:\usr\local\share\vim\vim58\syntax\dtd.vim:
        > line 35:
        > Trailing characters: cpo&vim
        > line 162:
        > Undefined variable: s:dtd_cpo_save
        > Invalid expression: s:dtd_cpo_save
        > line 163:
        > No such variable: "s:dtd_cpo_sava"

        actually it's the dtd syntax file which causes the problems.

        please use vim 5.8 patchlevel 002, e.g. as from the CVS sources, see
        http://vim.sourceforge.net/cvsdocs/
        or replace your $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/dtd.vim with
        http://www.zellner.org/vim/syntax/dtd.vim

        --
        Johannes