Re: problems making vim in AIX

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
      At 11:10 AM 7/1/2001 -0400, Brian Nowak wrote:
      >I am having problems making vim in AIX. Have looked at the list Archive
      >but didn't find any related questions. I have tried both cc and gcc
      >compilers with no success. From other emails I assume cc works better for AIX.
      >
      >I uncommented these lines in the Make file:
      > CC = cc
      > CFLAGS = -qsrcmsg -O2 -qmaxmem=8192 -D__STR31__
      >
      >Then after running the make I recieved these errors:
      <snip>

      Did you modify the supplied makefile directly, or did you run ./configure
      first? It compiles for me just fine by doing

      ./configure --enable-max-features
      make

      >It continues on with these same errors but I stopped listing them. If
      >anyone knows how to fix this or has a compiled vim with gui that can be
      >run out of my home directory that would be great.

      I have some at http://sites.netscape.net/sharppeople/vim/bin that you can
      use. I have console-only and one compiled with the Motif GUI.

      Dan Sharp