thesaurus

  • adam.seyfarth@home.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      I have 'tsr' set like this:

      set tsr+=~/.thesaurus

      ---in my .vimrc . That file has this line only:

      angry furious mad enraged

      ---which is the example file in help.txt . When I type 'ang^X^T', it
      seems to me to be hung. Hung as in, it takes no more input. The only
      way for me to quit vim/do anything else, is to X-out my terminal window.
      I assume this option has been used before, so, What am I doing wrong?

      ~~
      Once, our grass was so thick, you couldn't see a tennis ball in
      front of your own lawn-mower...
      -- Adam seyfarth

      /|| Adam Seyfarth <mailto:cloud@...> ||\
      /«|| <http://tuxaqfh.sf.net> <http://tuxkart.sf.net> ||»\
      \«|| <http://armagetron.sf.net> <http://www.sf.net> ||»/
      \|| <http://plib.sf.net> <http://vim.sf.net> ||/
    • Bohdan Vlasyuk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
        On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 12:01:44PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > I see the same problem, using Vim 6.0aj on W95.
        and so do I -- 60al/linux

        --
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
          adam.seyfarth@... wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I have 'tsr' set like this:
          >
          > set tsr+=~/.thesaurus
          >
          > ---in my .vimrc . That file has this line only:
          >
          > angry furious mad enraged
          >
          > ---which is the example file in help.txt . When I type 'ang^X^T', it
          > seems to me to be hung. Hung as in, it takes no more input. The only
          > way for me to quit vim/do anything else, is to X-out my terminal window.
          > I assume this option has been used before, so, What am I doing wrong?

          I see the same problem, using Vim 6.0aj on W95.

          --Benji Fisher
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
            Adam Seyfarth wrote:

            > I have 'tsr' set like this:
            >
            > set tsr+=~/.thesaurus
            >
            > ---in my .vimrc . That file has this line only:
            >
            > angry furious mad enraged
            >
            > ---which is the example file in help.txt . When I type 'ang^X^T', it
            > seems to me to be hung. Hung as in, it takes no more input. The only
            > way for me to quit vim/do anything else, is to X-out my terminal window.
            > I assume this option has been used before, so, What am I doing wrong?

            I see the problem. It's a bug. It gets stuck at the newline. I'll fix it.

            45. You buy a Captain Kirk chair with a built-in keyboard and mouse.

          • Alan G. Isaac
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4 10:31 AM
              I just became aware of
              :h thesaurus
              Is the Moby thesaurus
              ftp://ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/wordlists/Moby/mthes.tar.gz
              the best place to start?
              Alan Isaac